måndag 4 maj 2009

10 days

So, I have decided to give blogging another chance. This time in english though, so that my friends here in Grenoble can understand what I write as well:) The reason why I decided to pick up blogging again is that I'm only staying in Grenoble for another 55 days. So I want to make the most of it while I am here. Especially since what I want the most is to go back home to Sweden. That's why I have decided to challenge myself, using this blog, to really make the most of my time here in Grenoble and enjoy every moment. And, since I'll be spending most of my time in school I need to find a way to find school fun and interesting as well. That, my friends, is gonna be a true challenge! But not an impossible one ;)

But, to do this I'm gonna need tools. Writing this blog is one such tool. Especially since I'm only going to write about positive and affirmative things on this blog. I'm also gonna search the web for similar blogs and other tools that can be helpful to me. I have already found one blog with a really interesting topic (in swedish though). It's called "ten days" and challenges you to keep your thoughts appreciative during ten days. In order to succeed on this fearful and challenging task I'm gonna spend the next ten days on this blog writing about my progress :) Isn't it wonderful? Thank you, I'm glad you like it ;) But I'm not gonna write n'importe comment as we say in France ;) I will be using a 4-step process called Appreciative Inquiry that begins with appreciating what is working and what is special in any given set up. If you want to read more about Appreciative Inquiry you can do so here. Practically , this means that I'll be answering three questions everyday on the blog. These questions are:

1. What went well?
2. How can I expand and improve the parts that went well?
3. What other parts can I expand and improve?

Now, my dear friends, this is where the interesting part begins :) So here we go. Fasten you seatbelts and enjoy the ride ;)

I must say that the first couple of minutes of this beautiful day was quite painful. (Waking up a quarter to seven is always painful for me...) But, as I snoozed I realised I wasn't thinking too positively, so I decided as I went back to sleep that this would be a great day and something amazing might happen. When I woke up 15 minutes after, I did actually feel much more positive. I wasn't less tired but I managed to get up and feel good about going to school (which I normally don't :P). And I managed to maintain this feeling throughout my classe as well (I only had one classe today). Tomorrow, I will try to make more specific expectations when I wake up. For instance, "today will be a fantastic day and I'm really excited and grateful that I can be a part of it". Something that I can definitely improve is the efficiency of my writing this blog. I have been chatting with my frieds on msn today, which I enjoyed a lot, but tomorrow I will do one thing at a time :) And I will also try to write one time before and one time after school. That way I can state my expectations in the morning and answer the questions about the day when I come home.

One last thing. I have created a spotify-playlist to which I will add one song everyday. That way I will have a playlist of really great songs at the end of my stay. Just let me know if you don't have spotify, I still have som invites left. All I need is your e-mail.

All for now :) Ciao!

1 kommentar:

  1. Hello my dear, dear friend! I'm proud that you have chosen to use the language of Shakespeare for your superb blog! Interesting challenge and I wish you all the best in your endeavours. Never surrender!

    Lots of love,
    Christian

    SvaraRadera